Rental apartments in Bernau near Berlin | tailored to the needs of the elderly | barrier-free
Living space to the well-being feeling
Starting in April 2019, the “Refugium Heiderose” will be implemented with our proven goal of providing age-appropriate and self-determined living in an attractive environment with care options, health care and shopping facilities centrally in the Schönow district of Bernau.
Refugium Heiderose – Living in seniority
On the one hand, this project is aimed at senior citizens living in Bernau or in the surrounding communities who are forced to give up their homes due to advanced age. It is also aimed at senior citizens who want to move closer to their children and grandchildren at the end of their working lives. Who want to continue to live self-determined in their own “4” walls. A rented flat, which offers all comfort by generous movement areas in all rooms, up to the 1.80m wide shower, which can be reached without barriers, even with future limited mobility. A slip-resistant floor covering is provided everywhere, including the balcony. High-performance data cable for internet, telephone and television in every room offers optional connection to the healthcare service. Of course, there is a storage room in every apartment. A room for e-bikes, walkers, electric wheelchairs with optional loading facilities is centrally located on the ground floor. Spacious balconies allow a view of the open countryside or the neighbouring single-family homes.
Optimal serviced living for the elderly is guaranteed by the cooperation with the day care centre “Heidehof” run by the municipal supporting organisation GGAB Bernau (Gemeinnützige Gesellschaft für Alten- und Seniorenpflege). The GGAB offers a senior citizens’ centre, a geriatric care service and day care under one roof.
A pharmacy, several supermarkets (Netto, Rewe), a savings bank and a medical centre are within walking distance from the refuge “Heiderose”. The nearby nature reserve “Schönower Heide” is also within easy reach on foot or by bicycle.
Refugium Heiderose – Handicapped friendly life in the countryside
Furthermore, this project is of course aimed at people with limited mobility who want to live comfortably in the countryside. Directly next to the DIN-compliant rented apartment with barrier-free access to the terrace and private garden is a storage room for electric wheelchairs and a charging facility. There is the possibility to rent one of 24 handicapped accessible apartments, which we are realizing on the two building sites of the Refugium Heiderose.
Optimal serviced living is guaranteed by the cooperation with the day care centre “Heidehof” operated by the municipal supporting organisation GGAB Bernau (Gemeinnützige Gesellschaft für Alten- und Seniorenpflege). The GGAB offers a centre for the elderly, a geriatric care service and day care under one roof. This service is optional for all residential units, so there is the great advantage of not having to pay an expensive operator’s fee if the service is not used.
In the direction of Berlin, it is possible to board the train barrier-free every 20 minutes from Bernau Friedenstal S-Bahn station. There is also a barrier-free connection to regional transport at Bernau station.
A pharmacy, several supermarkets (Netto, Rewe), a savings bank and a medical centre are within 300m distance from the refuge “Heiderose”. The nearby nature reserve “Schönower Heide” can also be reached easily on foot or by bike.
Refugium Heiderose – Refugium Heiderose – Life in the countryside with the family
For families who want to live close to Berlin but still in the countryside, the Refugium Heiderose and its surroundings offer ideal conditions. A large playground connected to the rental apartments allows children to let off some energy every day. Kindergarten and primary school are located in the direct vicinity of the refuge on the ancient village green and can be reached quickly on foot. The access from the living room to the private garden offers ideal opportunities to enjoy the quiet interior of the residential complex. The refuge offers ideal conditions for the intergenerational living together of families with their separate retreats.
Train rides towards Berlin are possible every 20 minutes from the S-Bahn station Bernau Friedenstal. Several regional train connections are available at Bernau station.
Start of construction in April 2019 | Completion of house 1 in June 2020 | Completion of the other 5 houses continuously in the following months
- 6 apartment buildings with 14 rental apartments each (2-, 2,5-, 3-room as well as 1 x 4,5-room, usually storage room directly in the apartment)
- All rental apartments are accessible by lift.
- Generously proportioned areas for senior citizens to move around in the bathroom, kitchen and corridor. All ground floor apartments are designed barrier-free according to DIN-18040-2.
- All bathrooms have a window and a floor-level shower system and are therefore accessible with a wheelchair and a walker. In addition, all ground floor apartments have a separate power outlet.
- Additional communal storage rooms for wheelchairs, bicycles and wheelchairs on the ground floor can be accessed directly from outside.
- Each apartment has a terrace/balcony of at least 8 m² as a haven of peace and each ground floor apartment has a private garden.
- The green interior area as a retreat is equipped with benches and exercise equipment.
- Each house has its own basic colour in order to achieve a better differentiation of the individual houses, which symbolise colour features of the typical heath landscape.Heidelandschaft symbolisieren.
In the immediate vicinity you will find a varied social infrastructure, shopping facilities, medical centre and much more.
- “Heidehof” Home care + day care
- Immanuel Hospital Bernau. Including the Heart Centre of the Federal State of Brandenburg 7 minutes away by car
- a wide range of leisure, recreation and sports facilities are just a few steps away from the front door
- REWE market: 7 min on foot
- Netto Marken-Discount: 5 min on foot
- Pub “Alter Dorfkrug”, cosmetics studio, pet shop, approx. 290 m away Medical centre with general practitioner, family doctors, physiotherapy, small outpatient surgery etc.
The refuge “Heiderose” is situated on a quiet residential street, which guarantees a relaxing atmosphere free of transit traffic. The nature reserve “Schönower Heide” can be reached on foot in a few minutes and the nearby Liepnitzsee or the Wandlitzer See invite you to go hiking or cycling. Here you will find peace and relaxation in healthy air.
Special features of the
- Total of 68 car parking spaces, can be rented separately
- Green and quiet inner courtyard area with exercise equipment for physical training for young and old
- Lighting Access paths, house entrances, house number via twilight and motion switches
- Access to the houses barrier-free, with railings and handrails, floor in stone anti-slip – R10
- A bench at each entrance to the house to relax on
- Each house has a shared storage room on the ground floor, accessible from the outside, for bicycles, rollators, wheelchairs, etc. (for all ground floor apartments there is an additional socket for electric wheelchairs)
- Burglar-resistant entrance door, upper door closer with hold-open function, electric door opener, 3-bolt lock, safety set door opener
- Bell plate with door intercom and electric door opening system apartment – front door
- Staircase lighting via motion detector
- One elevator per house, payload 675 kg, 9 pers., enables transport of a mobile hospital bed
- Wooden apartment entrance doors with additional sound and burglary protection with upper door closer and door viewer, profile cylinder of the house locking system
Window, quality brands of easy-care plastic of German manufacturers Inside white, outside coloured with lockable olives with push button on the ground floor, in addition, the ground floor windows receive a lever out protection with mushroom safety locks as burglary protection
- Depending on their size and location, some of the windows are fitted with roller shutters:
- Ground floor: Electrically operated roller shutters on all windows & French doors (except bathroom windows)
- Upper floor: Electrically operated shutters on the French doors and windows of the kitchens
- Upper floor: Crank operated roller shutters at room windows south and west with crank
- Upper floor: room windows north and east without roller shutter
- Interior walls of apartments, smoothed gypsum plaster Q3, with painter’s flow
- The floors are made of robust plastic flooring with an attractive wooden floorboard look
- Heated via underfloor heating that can be controlled individually for each room, with additional towel dryer in the bathrooms
- Interior doors, surface white, the bathroom doors with WC lock
- Underfloor heating can be regulated individually for each room, in the bathrooms additionally with tube towel dryer
- outdoor seat / terrace with concrete stone floors anti-slip finishing
All balconies are made of prefabricated reinforced concrete elements with non-slip surface in R11
- Tiles in the bathroom (wet areas up to door frame height) otherwise approx. 1.20 m
- Bathrooms on the ground floor handicapped accessible
- German brands sanitary ceramics Geberit and Grohe Fittings
- Electrical equipment, extensive kitchen connections pre-installed, each balcony / terrace with socket and lighting
- Telephone, television, Internet via fiber optic cable of the German Telekom up to the apartment, every room with data connection
floor plan 1
House 1 / unit 9:
3-room, kitchen, bathroom, with 80.10 m²
floor plan 2
House 1 / unit 5:
2 rooms, kitchen, bathroom with 75,20 m²
Example floor plans
House 1 ground floor and first floor
Each balcony or terrace has a separate visual axis.